Since the time, science discovered that plant has its own life, people are drawn more towards respecting the plant life rather than ignoring it only because it is around them in abundance. From several years, mother nature has responded to the care that humans have provided and in return given its noteworthy contribution in several industrial sectors. They have been a significant source of economy. But apart from that, in the concrete jungle people are now preferring to keep a piece of nature in their house in the form of garden pots.
There are several varieties of plants which are suitable for gardening as they don’t require much space and are able to grow themselves well in sufficient sunlight or sometimes no sunlight at all. The bonsai versions are the best who can be managed well in garden pots. There are actually two types of pots available in the market:
- Garden pots
- Plant pots (also known as planters)
Usually, people prefer pots over planters as they don’t have drainage holes. These holes sometimes tend to make the plants lose their water retaining tendency and make them go dry. Along with that, the earthenware material used to shape the pots gives an organic coating to the plants. Planters are mostly made from other material like plastic and come in different sizes which can be considered as a bonus in case if one wishes to plant several shrubs altogether.
There are several types of garden pots available in the market. They are,
- A raised container garden to elevate the bonsai on a proper level so that can catch everyone’s sight.
- Concrete container is used as they give good insulation and retains the moisture.
- Terra-cotta or the clay ones are the best when plants require excessive sunlight.
- Stone pots provide an elegant look in garden that will last long and are suitable for cold regions.
- Grow bags are a new trend which have been flexible and open for the plants to breathe in well in turn improving their root system.
Resin or plastic pots are not usually recommended as they only serve the decorative purpose. When pots are selected, there are several factors that need to be considered. They include,
- Water retention property
- Structure flexibility
- Temperature control
Overall, a person should have proper knowledge of the pot material before investing at any place.